Who needs ProductWise
Five stakeholder groups have key roles in addressing the challenge of non-conforming products in the Australian built environment:
- Producers, manufacturers, and suppliers. Products that do meet standards are often bypassed for cheaper, lower-quality products that do not comply with regulations. This has negative flow-on effects for local jobs, businesses and the Australian economy.
- Builders and construction businesses. Determining whether a product complies with all local, state, and federal laws and regulations is time consuming. Low-quality products also present reputational, health and safety risks, as well as wasting valuable time and money when they need to be replaced.
- Consumers. Consumers deserve quality end-products that are true to claim and both cost-effective and sustainably sourced.
- Insurers & financial services. These groups are exposed to risks of unknown quality and asset values, longevity and maintenance demands. Providing clarity at product level lowers these risks.
- Government and non-government procurement departments. Selection is made easy for products and supply alternatives that meet requirements such as origin and content.
To date, ProductWise has proved its value proposition through collaboration with industry partners, and one of Australia’s leading research institutes.
A longitudinal research project is underway and a case study is being developed.